[Gllug] Common UNIX filesystem for OS X & Linux

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:59:54 UTC 2010

I'm thinking of splitting my Macbook Pro's 500GB drive into 3 partitions:

- OS X Snow Leopard
- Linux (Fedora or Ubuntu)
- Common data partition

The obvious choice for the data partition would be FAT32 but I have an inate distaste for all things Microsoft and would prefer to have the data partition formatted with some kind of UNIX filesystem with read/write access from both OS X and Linux. From what I've read so far the closest thing is HFS+ without journaling as Linux doesn't yet support writes to HFS+ Journaled. However, I hear HFS+ without journaling isn't a great idea.

Any other options I haven't considered? The MacFuse ext2/3 option didn't seem to be reliable last time I tried it.

gvim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk