[Gllug] Port filtering question

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Fri Oct 1 21:56:43 UTC 2010

  On 01/10/10 20:52, Alistair Mann wrote:

> It's worth pointing out that iptables -nL is /preferable/ to lsmod |
> grep iptables; the former would reveal the presence of iptables compiled
> into the kernel, whereas the latter shows that presence only if it was
> moduled in.

Agreed.

> Jan Henkins also suggested looking at selinux' status but didn't add how:
> ls /selinux   //suggests is or was present, no such file or directory
> otherwise
> sudo getenforce    //returns status if present, command not found otherwise

I deliberately did not go into details here, since I have no idea which
distro is being used but salsaman. On my CentOS5 machines, selinux has
it's configuration files in /etc/selinux (I have not worked with selinux
on Debian-style machines before, but Google finds many great examples).

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk