[Gllug] Human memory

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 22:09:54 UTC 2010

On 16 October 2010 21:51, David L Neil <GLLUG at getaroundtoit.co.uk> wrote:
> How do you keep a note of system tweaks, notes from learning about new
> pkgs, etc?

I've experimented with many tools in the past (emacs
buffers/evernote/dokuwiki) and the technology that I keep coming back
to is

(a) Black and Red A4 notebooks*. I hand-number the pages as I go and
write a summary of each page at the top (e.g "xyz corp progress
meeting 23/9/1". every so often I transfer the index to ...
(b) My google docs documents folder. it's a wiki/ideas-pad/everything book.

It works for me since I flit between ssh sessions, client meetings,
datacenters and in my working environment can always see the
googledocs folder.

Tid

* Just started number 27. Sad, aren't I? My shelf has all of them
except 18, which got left in a computer room in Wales.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk