[Gllug] A linux printer ?

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:53:24 UTC 2010

On 4 October 2010 18:37, david at gbenet.com <david at gbenet.com> wrote:

> Well HP do support Linux - they have a driver page at sourceforge i have
> a HP Photosmart C4780 which is 100 per cent supported by HP for Linux
>
> David
>
> When I phoned HP tech support for support for my new printer a HP deskjet
4580 I was told by Nabil [he refused to give his last name] that "HP doesnt
support linux!" Such a blanket statement has rather put me off HP products,
which is a pity because I've had good results from one of their printers in
the past.

Sharon.

> Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> I'm in the market for a linux compatible printer, and preferably not
>> Hewlett Packard as they've said that they dont support linux. I'd like
>> it to be preferably plug n'play and not require MS windows to update
>> drivers.
>>
>> Cany anyone help by suggesting such a printer please?
>>
>> Sharon.
>> --
>> A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
>> efever http://www.efever.blogspot.com/
>> Centos 5.5, KDE 3.5.4-25, OpenOffice 3.2.1
>> Registered Linux user 334501

 18:47:25 up 3 days,  7:08,  2 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.36, 1.20