[Gllug] pipes and C++

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Sep 13 13:01:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 09:45:32AM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> > You should remedy that.)  Since you're
> > working with XML, can't process B recognise when its input is finished
> > because it's received an entire XML document?  Surely unambiguous
> > communication is what XML is all about?
>
> I am using the Xerces DOM praser - I could switch to an event based parser
> such as SAX then I could but that would involve a pretty substantial
> rewrite.

You don't need the callback parser; it's more efficient and can help
you avoid running out of memory when parsing large documents but it
shouldn't make any difference to the basic task.  There's nothing to
stop you using a DOM parser to parse a sequence of documents.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock