[Gllug] Problems rebuilding a RAID5 array after a failed disc on Centos 5

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 15:58:50 UTC 2010

On 22 September 2010 21:45, John Edwards <john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk> wrote:
> As this is a problem with your 3ware RAID controller (which is
> propriety and non-open) I think their support department would
> be the best people to ask.

Having recently been through the rather terrifying experience of
recovering 5Tb+ of data
from a failed SAN based on a 3ware card, I personally recommend using
this as the
last option if no other alternatives are available. I wasn't impressed
with the call-center
drone's level of technical expertise.

What filesystem type were you using on the failed disk?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk