[Gllug] Apache URL matching directives, fall through

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 20:59:52 UTC 2010

At Wed, 1 Sep 2010 21:27:35 +0100,
Alex Smith wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 09:25:02PM +0100, Richard Lewis wrote:
> > At Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:06:04 +0100,
> > Richard Lewis wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe I'm thinking of Apache directives too much like a collection of
> > > cases in a switch structure?
> > >
> > So I find myself battling with this misconception again. This time I
> > have ProxyPass and DAV svn standing on each other's toes. One server
> > configuration with directives:
> >
> > <Location /repos/>
> >   DAV svn
> > </Location>
> >
> > <Location />
> >   ProxyPass http://localhost:8081/
> > </Location>
> >
> > And, of course, what happens is that requests for /repos/ get handled
> > by the server running on 8081 which returns 404.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass
>
> [[[
> The ! directive is useful in situations where you don't want to
> reverse-proxy a subdirectory, e.g.
>
> ProxyPass /mirror/foo/i !
> ProxyPass /mirror/foo http://backend.example.com
> ]]]

Ah yes, cool. Thanks.

Though, again, I haven't really found that I can use Apache Location
etc. directives in a way that makes sense to me, I've just found a way
to avoid this problem in the specific case of ProxyPass.
--
Richard Lewis
JID: ironchicken at jabber.earth.li
http://www.richardlewis.me.uk/
| Support open access to scholarship           |
| http://freeculture.org/ http://www.doaj.org/ |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk