[Gllug] Xmodmap Help

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Sep 24 22:32:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:59:37PM +0100, Nix wrote:
> On 23 Sep 2010, Sunny Aujla told this:
>
> > Krishna, honestly, what is the point of it?
> > Ok, everyone has their own views but why not keep it yourself...
> > You're just causing everyone to be confused.
>
> s/causing everyone to be confused/giving everyone an excuse for a nice
> pedantic flame/
>
> I thought the gllug list was supposed to be at least slightly not
> horrible to new arrivals? (OK, so this guy is plainly not any sort of
> Unix newbie: he probably knows more about X i18n than most of us!)

The guy's a loon, but we might be able to help out.

Can we suggest a configuration where _his_ Linux machine alone
displays all 'k' characters as whatever wacko character he wants?
Then he can leave the rest of the world in peace.

I'm thinking some sort of font modification here ...

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat