[Gllug] [OT]Pigeon faster than broadband

Matthew Smith indigojo at blogistan.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 08:08:01 UTC 2010

On 16/09/10 18:38, Victor Churchill wrote:
> Back in August the topic of the bandwidth of a Volvo filled with
> backup tapes came up.
> This was just on the BBC Radio 4 News, and revives the idea with
> pigeons and USB sticks ;-)
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11325452

It's hardly like with like, is it?  The pigeons flew from Yorkshire to
Lincolnshire.  Unless the server was located in Lincolnshire rather
than. say, California, the comparison isn't at all valid.

I'm in south London and am on a BT ADSL service and my YouTube uploads
take forever, because ADSL prioritises downloads.

Matt

--

http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk