[Gllug] Apache URL matching directives, fall through

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 20:25:02 UTC 2010

At Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:06:04 +0100,
Richard Lewis wrote:

> Maybe I'm thinking of Apache directives too much like a collection of
> cases in a switch structure?

So I find myself battling with this misconception again. This time I
have ProxyPass and DAV svn standing on each other's toes. One server
configuration with directives:

<Location /repos/>
  DAV svn
</Location>

<Location />
  ProxyPass http://localhost:8081/
</Location>

And, of course, what happens is that requests for /repos/ get handled
by the server running on 8081 which returns 404.

To make matters more mysterious, the /repos/ location is protected
using Basic authentication. When you visit the /repos/ URL you *do*
get challenged for your credentials and it's able to authenticate
correctly. But, upon successful authentication, the /repos/ URL gets
handled by the server running on 8081.

Any ideas how I should configure this? It feels like I want to break
after successfully matching a URL. But I'm not sure Apache thinks like
this.
--
Richard Lewis
JID: ironchicken at jabber.earth.li
http://www.richardlewis.me.uk/
| Support open access to scholarship           |
| http://freeculture.org/ http://www.doaj.org/ |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk