[Gllug] audio remix software

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 16 17:01:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, September 16, 2010 17:27, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> On 16 September 2010 14:53, Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:
>> On Thursday 16 September 2010, Dennis Furey wrote:
>>> This is a question for those who are familiar with Linux based audio
>>> processing software. I want to take some already recorded RnB music
>>> and turn it into Kizomba by putting a new percussion track on top of
>>> it. I've been experimenting with Hydrogen for generating the drum
>>> patterns and it works beautifully. Theoretically I could convert the
>>> output from Hydrogen to a sound file and combine it with a song using
>>> Audacity or Sox, but getting the rhythm to match up exactly without
>>> drifting out of time is very tricky.  I've made a small survey of
>>> other audio software but may have missed something. Is there a better
>>> way?
>>
>> Have a look at rosegarden - it's in the standard repos ...
>>

> A second vote for rosegarden.
> --

Ardour is supposed to be an excellent program as well. Written by the main
developer of jack audio (in fact jack audio was originally created for
ardour).

http://ardour.org/

There are also some Linux distros created specifically for a/v work, for
example ubuntu studio, 64studio, avlinux and apodio.

Salsaman.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk