[Gllug] Outlook exchange alternatives

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Sep 9 00:57:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 17:16 +0100, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> It's not particularly expensive & contrary to the
> usual FUD, recent versions of Exchange are not insecure or unstable.

That's not the experience of the large Government department I work for.
We have the misfortune to have to suffer Exchange, and we have long
periods when archived mail is "unavailable", when shared calendars
simply fail to work, and when sent mail is stacked for an inordinately
long time before being sent - it can hang around for days!  It's simply
not fit for purpose, but there really isn't an OS "equivalent" available
yet.

I hear rumours, from my German friends, that those nice folk at Suse are
working on "something" to replace Exchange....

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk