[Gllug] Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop console mode

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 21:56:31 UTC 2011

I have been playing with Ubuntu 10.10 (Desktop) to see if it is a viable
alternative to Windows.   One big problem is that the 'text mode' console
screens use ridiculously small characters;  we need to be able to telnet into
a host Unix system in 80cols x 25line mode, such that the whole screen is
used.  Using the 'terminal' in the graphical screen doesn't work either,
as resizing the 'panel' doesn't make the characters any bigger, just increases
the amount of unused space in the panel.

Is there any way to force the system to use 80x25 in the console 'text'
screens (1 - 6) ?    I have tried resizecons and that doesn't work either.

Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Seacon Terminals Ltd, Company No. 1547396, registered in England and Wales
Registered Office:  Tower Wharf, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 9BD, England

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk