[Gllug] Email provider

James Hawtin oolon at ankh.org
Tue Apr 5 11:00:07 UTC 2011

Martyn Drake wrote:
> I look upon Hotmail and Yahoo! as the email equivalent of the "chav".
> Gmail, not so bad, but if you do have your own domain, it's worth
> going with Google Apps - and then, Google Apps for Business which at
> £35 a year per user is very good value and you don't get your email
> scanned to serve up adverts (because there are none).

As a someone with multiple domain I might also agree with you however
the OP did not state if they were looking for person email, or a system
for handling email from a domain. Without knowing this important detail,
it is difficult to target the advice. Perhaps the OP can tell us what
kind of email access they are looking for. Personally I like the Linux
VPS solution, however I have Be at home with a static IP address to roll
my own from there at the moment, I will probably move to a VPS if this
proves unstable, however I like my current setup of OpenBSD spamd grey
trap, is there an equivent to this for linux?

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk