[Gllug] Fedora 14 s/w RAID issues

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:49:44 UTC 2011

I'm trying to setup s/w RAID with Fedora 14 and have 1 x 160GB IDE disk and 2 x 300GB SATA II disks. After wiping the disks I set a 4GB swap partition on the IDE disk and created a RAID partition on the rest of the disk. I then created s/w RAID partitions on both of the SATA disks before creating a RAID1 device consisting of all 3 partitions. However, the resulting /dev/md0 is only the size of the IDE disk and seems to have ignored the existence of the 2 SATA disks. All were flagged to be formatted.

gvim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk