[Gllug] Vacancy: Linux Systems Administrator x2 (repost)

Iain Gray iain.dv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:48:12 UTC 2011

2 Positions available:

I have 2 positions available within my team for two general linux
admins and maybe some windows systems administration working in a
consultancy/managed services environment. The candidates will be
working in a small team (8) providing day-to-day support of several
client installations.

Below is a list of the functions that these 2 positions will fulfil
and it is entirely up to the candidates I get as to which functions go
into each role.
Some of the functions are more junior than others and so can be
fulfilled by a more junior person, whereas others will probably
require a more experienced Systems Admin.
Functions:

General Linux Issue troubleshooting
General internet protocols and techologies
Ubuntu and Centos deployment and administration
VMWare administration Vsphere
Experience of AWS EC2 and S3
Automated deployment tools
Cisco ASA firewall configuration
Configuration management
Experience with any of these packages:
       Apache (especially VHOSTS and rewrite rules)
       Escenic
       Tomcat
       Nagios
       MySQL
       SVN, Hudson, Nexus
Scripting (preferably perl)
Loadbalancing and HA technologies
iSCSI SANs
Service Delivery
Agile Methodologies (particularly Kanban)

All candidates will have to be capable of working in a fast paced
environment with several workstreams and be able to prioritise and
communicate well. Any customer facing experience would be useful.

Location
Holborn

Salary
There are 2 positions available and could be filled by any level of candidate.

£25,000 to £45,000 (dependant on experience)

www.theblight.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk