[Gllug] Are some blocklists just a con?

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Wed Apr 20 22:06:27 UTC 2011

Hello,
   Friends who run a local company told me that emails from several of their
customers were getting bounced recently, with a report that their
originating sites were on some blocklist. This included one that I sent, but
they had no idea why and did not recognise the name of the supposed
blocklist. The company itself has had several instances if being placed on
blocklists and then receiving demands for payment to clear the block. This
smells of a con trick. Any thoughts?

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk