[Gllug] Forward of moderated message

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 04:09:15 UTC 2011

On 27/08/2011 02:12, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:

> Minus Points? Poppycock! I run Photoshop regularly in Wine and it runs
> very well.

Wine is an emulation environment of Windows so Photoshop is not actually running under Linux natively it's merely a trick to make it usable under Linux.

> I also run Flash CS4 in an XP VM I made from an image of a
> defunct XP box so the cost of an XP license is moot also - who can't get
> their hands on an old XP box when they need one? Many of these so-and-so
> isn't available for linux arguments are actually nonsense.

VM or, I presume Virtual Box? Is yet again a virtual environment in this case Windows XP both examples clearly indicate Photoshop *Does not* run on Linux but you can *use it* on a Linux box under a Microsoft environment.

This is a bit like having two horses pull your perfectly working car and telling everyone "Hey I'm green I am look how low my carbon emissions are" pointless.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode