[Gllug] Software Freedom Day 17th September - Southend

Tony Shaper tony at cylons.me.uk
Mon Aug 29 15:42:04 UTC 2011

Hi All,

To mark software freedom day this year on 17th September 2011, Southend Linux
Users Group (SOSLUG) will be  running  some events to promote free software.
We will have a stall in the local shopping centre and also the use of a shop
in the Southend High Street. We are also planning to have a series of talks
in a local arts centre.

Details will be on the soslug website www.soslug.org.

We would be pleased to see anyone from gllug at the event but also if
anyone feels like volunteering to help out on the day by talking to people
about free software and perhaps demonstrating some of it, we would be very
grateful.

I know it's rather late in the day but we could also do with some more
speakers for the series of talks. The subject can be on any aspect of free
software but a fairly introductory level.

If anyone is interested in helping out please have a look at the website
and contact Derek Shaw at SOSLUG.

Hope to see you on the day.

--
Cheers,