[Gllug] backing up an Ubuntu system.

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Fri Dec 2 17:01:06 UTC 2011

On 01/12/11 15:45, Gary Pocklington wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was just wondering if someone could help/advise on backup up an
> Ubuntu/Linux system?
>
> I would like to be able to do two things. Backup the system and data
> separately. As an example before any updates are applied to the system
> I would like to secure the system before applying. So, that I can
> restore if there any problems. I would also like to backup my own
> personal data on a regular basis.
>
> There seems to be options in the Ubuntu software repository but it
> does not really clarify for me what I should be backing up (in the
> case of the system) or how best to do this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary Pocklington
> --

Hi Gary,

Crashplan is excellent and very affordable for backing up your personal
data. The best feature is the ability to use multiple destinations so
you can backup to a portable drives, other computers, friends computers
and the cloud all at the same time. Rates for unlimited cloud storage
are very reasonable.

Cheers,

Roger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk