[Gllug] Thinkpad RAM

David L Neil GLLUG at GetAroundToIt.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 09:27:30 UTC 2011

Keith,

> According to the following URL on the Lenevo site, it's a 32 bit Windows
> limitation only.
> http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-7-Knowledge-Base/Maximum-memory-8GB-for-T61-upgraded-to-WIN-7-64bit/ta-p/323043

Brilliant!
- I've been too literal, entering "Linux" in the keyword lists...

I'm leaning towards running Virtual Box 4/Fedora 16 i686=64-bits, so I
thought 4GB a better idea than 3, but 8GB!
(considering "640KB ought to be enough for anybody"...)

Intriguingly following the Kingston reference mentioned (8GB total)
results in them offering 1 and 2GB sticks only - so have placed a
Customer Service request.

Similarly Crucial's largest offering is a 4GB kit (2*2GB sticks) -  once
you get past their prissy insistent differentiation between IBM  and Lenovo.

Thank you,
=dn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk