[Gllug] [OT] Sound processing.

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 18:01:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I wish to do some analysis of sound in confined spaces.
e.g. A tunnel, with varying widths and turns.
The sound source will be one end, and the listener will be the other
end of the tunnel.
I wish to model the sound the listener will hear if the tunnel changes
shape while the sound is still playing.

Does anyone know which area of mathematics I would use to model this?
I did maths at university many years ago, but I seem to have forgotten a bit.
I am hoping eventually to model this in real time using CUDA or
something similar, but I need to get the equations right first.

Kind Regards

James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk