[Gllug] Linux laptops

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Dec 5 23:22:27 UTC 2011

On Mon 05 Dec, Andrew Farnsworth wrote:
> Sadly, the one major issue with laptops today are the wireless network
> cards / chips used in them.  You should check out
> http://www.linux-laptop.net/ for any laptop you are interested in.
>
> Andy

   I have only used a couple of laptops, but Debian installed OK when
connected by ethernet and was then able to download the non-free drivers.
It also offered to collect suitable drivers presented via USB memory stick,
etc, during the installation, although I did not attempt to do that.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk