[Gllug] OT: Police Web Site

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:47:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:

>> I got the same message. Then I tried entering my postcode using upper
>> case letters. I had better luck with this.
>
> This sort of thing always makes my gnash my teeth.  Normalising input
> (particularly postcodes) is so easy there's no excuse not to do it.

The one that really pisses me off is credit card numbers. There is no
excuse for not accepting them in any sane form, regardless of the
amount of whitespace you use. But it seems the majority of sites on
the net don't seem to understand this.

Tet

--
"Any sufficiently advanced financial instrument is indistinguishable from fraud"
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk