[Gllug] asus eee 701

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Mon Feb 7 07:17:57 UTC 2011

On 06/02/11 13:59, sean wrote:
> i need a little help with an asus eee 701 i have been given.
>
> it has a few keys not working, so it looks like the keyboard needs
> replacing. they look to be cheap on ebay and it looks an easy enough
> job, but are there any problems i should be aware of?

Only that it's not definitely the keyboard. The chances are that it is
but I have come across machines with the same symptoms where the problem
turned out to be the motherboard. There's no way of testing that without
fitting another keyboard though and keyboards are cheap and usually easy
to fit so it's probably worth a punt.

Good luck with it,

Roger.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk