[Gllug] OT: Police Web Site

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed Feb 2 12:19:03 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 02 Feb 2011, t.clarke wrote:
> Most website I have encountered don't accept telpehone numbers with spaces
> either !

And just how many people or businesses actually know how to divide a phone
number? Most Londoners still believe their prefix is either 0207 or 0208
(depending on the obsolete inner/outer division) and are quite thrown by the
020 3xxx xxxx numbers etc. Ask for a 'correctly' formatted number and
practically nobody will provide +44 20 xxxx xxxx. Even the telecos can't
follow a consistent format so how can the man-in-the-street be expected to get
it right?
--
" '... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...' "
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk