[Gllug] Secure filing system?

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Wed Feb 16 13:18:06 UTC 2011

On 16/02/11 12:19, Christian Smith wrote:

> Don't councils even employ this minimal level of security?

A few years ago I went for in interview for a local government job
immediately after a data-loss scare. Apparently all local government
offices in the UK had been given a directive on data security and my job
would have been to manage compliance. One of the clauses was that
sensitive personal data was not to be taken off site at all under any
circumstances. Of course that meant that if there was a fire and
somebody died then all of the records of their next of kin would be in
the ashes. I pointed this out at interview and didn't get the job.
Apparently I'm too Bolshie to work for a labour council.

--
Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk