[Gllug] OT: Police Web Site

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Feb 3 14:53:16 UTC 2011

On Thursday, 3 Feb 2011, Alain Williams wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 02:37:22PM +0000, David Damerell wrote:
>>So you mean that when you enter a postcode correctly it works and when
>>you enter it incorrectly it doesn't. How remarkable!
>I would not regard entering a postcode in lower case as incorrect,

It still _is_ incorrect. Postcodes are always used in upper case; you
would never consider writing one in lower case on an envelope.

Sure, it's nice if a Website corrects it for you, but I think it
reveals a certain perversity to try it.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
And now, a seemingly inexplicable shot of a passing train.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk