[Gllug] Hadware Diagnostis disk

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Wed Feb 23 15:52:02 UTC 2011

When it comes to HDD, the best thing is to just replace it.  Costs are so
low today that if there is any question at all about the health of a HDD it
is better to pull that drive and replace it with a new one.  Either
destroy/discard the questionable drive or move it to a non-critical use.

Testing the MB etc, there are several bootable "live CD" images with many
tools for testing all kinds of Hardware.  While this may not suit your needs
(i.e. the computer in question is in a data center or something) you can
certainly get a good idea of what tools are current by what is on the latest
Live CDs for testing.

Andy