[Gllug] OT: Police Web Site

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri Feb 4 14:39:15 UTC 2011

On 04/02/2011 14:25, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 02:17:41PM +0000, David Damerell wrote:
>> On Thursday, 3 Feb 2011, - Tethys wrote:
>>> "Every customer will have at least two names"
>>
>> "Everyone's email address matches this regexp which is a strict subset
>> of the RFC" is depressingly common.
>
> What do you suggest, I find this a bit daunting:
>
> 	http://www.ex-parrot.com/pdw/Mail-RFC822-Address.html

At the very least they could support a '+' symbol. I route mail using
simonw+source@ quite often, except the damned javascript will tell me
"please use a valid email address". It IS valid you useless piece of
sh.....

Gah, don't get me started.

Interestingly about half the sites will happily use the email address if
I turn off javascript when I submit it. I'm half tempted to try little
Bobby Tables but I'm too afraid most of the time :-)

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk