[Gllug] Secure filing system?

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Wed Feb 16 16:48:43 UTC 2011

On 16/02/11 14:28, iain at shihad.org wrote:
> <snip>
>> They weren't permitted to let the data out of the building.
> No using a purpose built data center for that council then!

The organisation in question was an arms-length setup owned by the
council but not directly managed by them. They weren't based in the
council offices. I was told that every council and similar organisation
had been given the same instructions. At a guess this particular bunch
had misread what it said, or else the instructions were subsequently
revised to something sane. I'd only recently gone through a
disaster-recovery exercise; I remember it was on July 7 2005 and we had
live commentary one of the organisations we dealt with (the BMA) having
a disaster. That exercise revealed that my employer kept the only copy
of the emergency contact list on-site. We fixed that pretty quickly so I
mentioned the issue at the interview and got the response I've described.

--
Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk