[Gllug] OT: Police Web Site

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Fri Feb 4 10:01:34 UTC 2011

On 03/02/11 18:08, - Tethys wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Walter Stanish
> <walter.stanish at saffrondigital.com> wrote:
>
>> One could also exclaim:
>>  "Postcodes are never displayed in cursive script!"
>>  "Every UK customer has a postcode!"
>>  "Not knowing your postcode is an edge case that is not worth
>>  considering in our interface design!"
>> ... etc.
>>
>> Each would be wrong.
> "Every customer will have at least two names"
>
> Tet (who gets bitten by that on a regular basis)

Exactly!

There are, to my knowledge, precisely NO small CMS solutions (and
precious few big ones) that can handle something as simple as an entity
with more than one name or address, which is why I'm writing my own
(that and the stupid / hideous / burdensome interfaces they all seem to
have!).

Roger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk