[Gllug] OT: Police Web Site

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Feb 2 11:24:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 19:37:06 +0000, John G Walker
<johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]

> I got the same message. Then I tried entering my postcode using upper
> case letters. I had better luck with this.

This sort of thing always makes my gnash my teeth.  Normalising input
(particularly postcodes) is so easy there's no excuse not to do it.  (But
you need to put in an exception for GIR 0AA, assuming it still exists.)

I booked a ferry trip earlier this week and the site refused my mobile
phone number saying I had to enter it without spaces in it.  Grrrr.

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk