[Gllug] IPv6 allocation options

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Thu Jan 20 12:11:53 UTC 2011

On 20/01/11 11:36, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/internet_fridges.php
>   "The Electrolux Cyber fridge was released in 2006 and
>    it pretty much sums up the current state of the market
>    for Internet fridges. As the Appliancist website noted:
>
>      "The Screenfridge is equipped with a computer and a
>       touch screen so you can surf the Internet, send
>       e-mails and buy and order food for your home without
>       leaving the kitchen [...]"
>
>    In other words, it's just a computer tacked onto a fridge.
>    No automation, no RFID tags, none of the 'Internet of
>    Things' functionality we're all looking forward to.
>    Clearly the age of the Internet fridge hasn't yet arrived."
>
> The fridge has been waiting for IPv6 of course ;-P

I think what's missing is the standardisation of packaging, like what
has happened to the road haulage industry and containerisation. If the
fridge/freezer storage could be based on standard containers then
kitchen automation becomes a possibility. You need a system that can
automate the whole process of ordering food through delivery to domestic
storage and cooking. Alternatively build a system that will take an
order for food over the Internet and deliver it freshly cooked at the
door....

--
Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com