[Gllug] IPv6 allocation options

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Jan 19 00:38:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 19:24 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I might have to do this too.  What modem is actually possible to
> purchase in the UK then?

Cisco 87x and 88n (note that these are Cisco so cost a lot)
Billion BiPAC 7800NL

Some Fritz!Box routers can be upgraded to new firmware to enable IPv6
support. See http://www.avm.de/eu/en/index.php and search for IPv6

Vigor claim that some of their routers support IPv6 but I cannot find
specific model details and what I have found isn't clear whether this is
just for VDSL kit or ADSL kit too.

ZyXel also make claims of IPv6 support. I use one of their routers on a
C&W LLU service and there is no sign of IPv6 anywhere on it. There is a
firmware update available but nothing to indicate that it enables IPv6.

Routers capable of running a suitable version of OpenWRT should support
IPv6. I'm aware of at least one person having done this successfully.

The following are "broadband routers". They are not ADSL routers however
they are suitable for use with our FTTC services.

D-Link DIR-815
Draytek Vigor 2130n

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk