[Gllug] Caller ID on a POTS line

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Sat Jan 22 02:02:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 18:26 +0000, James Roberts wrote:
> On 21/01/11 16:42, Justin Perreault wrote:
>
> > A quick search turned up a POTS pci card for £130...
>
> > If there is a lower cost/higher value pots interface please point it
> > out.
>
> Perhaps try here:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/X100P+clone
>
> (and see the list at the bottom)
>
> I have never used any of these, we use Digium.

That is an interesting thought. Since seeing the stand alone options I
am also seeing the additional value of a stand alone system. One thought
I have had is that with the reduced power consumption a smallish Battery
Backup should last for hours and would keep me in voice mail and fax
receiving.

Admittedly I need to do more research on just how how much power the
final unit I pick will need to last upto 8 hours. Hmmmm.... maybe I
could attach my exercise bike and . . .

Thanks for this. This also seems like it might provide an option for the
OP.

Justin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk