[Gllug] Caller ID on a POTS line

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Fri Jan 21 09:40:12 UTC 2011

On 21/01/11 01:11, general_email at technicalbloke.com wrote:

<lots of posts>

> Well pls let me know if you have any joy with that. That's the galling
> thing really, any old dect phone or 99p caller ID unit off ebay can
> happily provide this functionality but the cheapest way of getting it
> into a computer seems to be a £120 box!

It occurred to me that this might be something that an Arduino (or any
other PIC board really) could do, so I googled 'arduino clid' and got
quite a lot of hits.

However, there didn't seem to be any pre-rolled answers.

One person somewhere suggested using Asterisk or FreeSwitch and
certainly that would be one good quick (if elaborate) way of getting
CLID. Of course one still needs some interface hardware and the usual
POTS boards for both are quite expensive (having bought them!); however
apparently X100 clone cards are available quite cheaply...

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane

0845 838 5370