[Gllug] Canon camera uploads

damion.yates at gmail.com damion.yates at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 16:19:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011, John Edwards wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 12:33:25PM +1300, David L Neil wrote:
> > There seems to be a transfer-ownership issue with files on/from my
> > new  (to me) Canon digi-cam.
> <snip>
>
> So your current work path is:
>
> Canon digi-cam -> SD card -> HP printer with SMB file sharing ->
> Nautilus SMB client -> Freecom NAS

My NAS normally doesn't care what user/perms are used, which is probably a
tad insecure (although I use noexec if I nfs mount it) but quite
helpful.  I'm not sure what it's doing, it's xfs but doesn't seem to
have any special mount options.  Ah /etc/exports has:

/nfs/Public *(rw,all_squash,sync,insecure,anonuid=65534,anongid=65534)

> I think there are too many things that could go wrong there.
>
> To simplify it, why not buy a simple USB SD card reader (about 5 GBP)

Or even more simple, switch SD card to an EyeFi SD/wifi, then if you can
run the reception daemon on your NAS, pictures taken from the camera
will automatically upload to the NAS when you're in range and/or there
are new ones.

http://uk.eye.fi/

Damion
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk