[Gllug] Kernel Brewery

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 18:06:24 UTC 2011

On Thursday, 13 Jan 2011, - Tethys wrote:
>On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM, John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>Bad form to reply to my own post...
>Does anyone know where that preposterous idea came from? I've seen it
>quoted many times, but I've never seen a rationale for it. Which might
>be because there isn't one that makes any sense...

I guess it's to encourage a bit of discipline about not hitting Send
with one's thoughts half formed. If you follow up to yourself because
new data has emerged, fine; if you follow up to yourself because you
didn't really think before writing, that might be discouraged.

Today is Tuesday, January.
Tomorrow will be Wednesday, January.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk