[Gllug] rockmelt browser

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:34:26 UTC 2011

On 6 January 2011 00:58, Steve Parker <steve at steve-parker.org> wrote:
> On 06/01/11 00:28, Tethys wrote:
>> [ various very valid complaints about Firefox in particular, and Mozilla products in general, on *nix systems ]
>>
> The last time I tried it, which has been a while (as I gave up on UI
> people understanding multi-user, multi-host environments), the same
> class of issues largely apply to GNOME (and presumably KDE etc too).

I agree with the GNOME comment - certainly on Suse 11 with home
directories mounted from an NFS server we had
terrible problems when introducing new Suse workstations. Someone
would log into another workstation, or even the same one,
and have display manager not starting etc (I forget the details, the
mond has a great ability to shild you from horrors).
Switch to KDE and we don't have any of the same problems.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk