[Gllug] Kernel Brewery

Frank Scott lists at frasco.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 11:17:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:41:16AM +0000, John Hearns wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who came along on Saturday tot he Kernel Brewery,

Thank you for organising it. A very enjoyable day out!

> Combining the Kernel Brewery with a trip to the Kirkaldy Museum would
> be a suitably geeky day out
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkaldy_Testing_Museum - sadly Kirkaldy
> opens first Sunday of the month.

The Kirkaldy testing machine (along with a whole load of discarded
Imperial College lesser testing machines) is well worth a vist to see
how "proper engineering" (TM) used to be done, but even if you watch their
video it's hard to take more than half an hour. I don't think they fire
it up very often. I've been there a coupe of times now and I have yet
to see it working.

Frank
--
    /V\    : ;`  :   Frank Scott  Sutton, London
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk