[Gllug] Extremely strange disk imaging problem.

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jan 22 14:21:12 UTC 2011

On 22 Jan 2011, James Roberts stated:

> On 21/01/11 23:14, Nix wrote:
>> On 20 Jan 2011, david at gbenet.com stated:
>>
>>> Once you have installed Windows 2000 Pro it will prevent any other
>>> operating system from booting from a CD or DVD.
>
>> Wrong. The global comma shortage ended last year, btw, you can use them
>> again without being penalized.
>
> 'Greengrocer's' Delight?'

Well, those are apostrophes, not commas. Pratchett had a minor character
who s'peak's like that in one of hi's recent novel's: of cour'se he wa's
a grocer. It i's very annoying to read and even more annoying to write.

>>> But then I think of
>>> WIN98 SE a fine operating system created by IBM
>
> !IBM?

Well., IBM shipped some machines with Win98SE on them, and being IBM
they hacked up the underlying DOS in typically bizarre ways
(IBM-DOSizing it). They didn't touch Win98SE itself as far as I could
tell.

<http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/075283715X>
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk