[Gllug] Painfully slow MySql performance on 64-bit Atom processor

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 11:33:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 06:29:20AM +0000, John Winters wrote:
<snip>
> However, the new box is balls-achingly slow at running MySql server 5.1.
> record on the old machine, whilst the exact same dump takes an average
> of 44ms per record to load on the new one.
<snip>

I have used a few different Acer Revos as MythTV machines, which
uses MySQL for data storage, and have not noticed any problems.

I would suggest trying the usual suspects for resource monitoring:
	top = per-process CPU + memory
	vmstat = total CPU + memory + I/O
	iostat = total disk I/O
	iotop = per-process disk I/O