[Gllug] rockmelt browser

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 00:28:28 UTC 2011

JLMS writes:

>You would need to be a tad tiny tinsy bit more specific with bug reports...
>
>If you raise bug reports and let us know I am sure several people in
>the list would "metooing" them.....

I could trawl through bugzilla and try and find them. They're all there.
But equally, they're all either being ignored, or have been closed for
various spurious reasons.

Off the top of my head:

- Weak support for multiple instances of the same browser. If I want to
  have two copies open, I have to have two separate profiles, which misses
  the point entirely. I don't want that. I want two instances of the same
  profile, which share bookmarks, etc.

- Network transparency doesn't work most of the time. And when it does,
  it breaks if you already have a Firefox instance open on your X server.
  It opens another window from that instance, rather than starting up a
  new instance on the remote machine, displaying locally.

- Plugins are in ~/.mozilla/plugins. Which doesn't allow for NFS mounted
  home directories. I have a mix of 32-bit and 64-bit machines. Which
  plugin should I install in that directory so that it works on all my
  machines? Oh that's right, I can't.

- My machines have a range of Firefox versions installed. But because
  $HOME is NFS mounted, I can't easily swap between machines. Firefox gets
  its knickers in a twist if you try and run an older version of Firefox
  than some other version that you've previously run.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk