[Gllug] VACANCY: Junior Sysadmin/Helpdesk/1st-line support

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 18:04:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 05:00:42PM +0000, Mark Brier wrote:
<snip
> http://www.jobstats.co.uk/images/charts/2414/average-salary-by-jobtype-by-month-Permanent_large_smooth.png
>
> ^ Not sure I understand their data ... according to the above graph,
> 'average salary' went from ~20k in Oct 2007 to ~220k in Apr 2008 and
> back to ~20k in Oct 2008.
>
> Am I missing something?

No, but I think they are probably missing some sanity checks in their
data processing.

The graph showing jobs posted heading very close to zero show that
they probably don't have enough useful data to make the calcuations.

For a little fun try their page on "Systems Adminstrator". Apparently
the average salary for HPUX is £2.