[Gllug] Fedora 64-bit Flash

Mark Brier mark at brier.me
Fri Jan 7 21:48:20 UTC 2011

On 7 Jan 2011, at 21:10, Mick Farmer <mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> I'm running 64-bit Fedora 14 on my laptop and I'm having
> trouble getting Flash to run (for BBC streams mainly).
>
> I've installed gnash, the GNU alternative, but to no avail.
>
> If anyone on this list has got it working, or knows what I'm
> doing wrong (32-bit vs 64-bit stuff), I'd love to hear from
> you.

Have you tried the adobe version or are you averse to using
proprietary software?

Sad as it is, I find many flash sites will only work with the latest
adobe version. Others on here may have had more success but I admit I
go for the easy option these days!

This is my first post btw, new to London, looking to get to one of the
meetings soon and meet some of you. All the best,

Mark Brier
mark at brier.me
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk