[Gllug] Extremely strange disk imaging problem.

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 19:55:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 06:36:04PM +0000, david at gbenet.com wrote:
> Once you have installed Windows 2000 Pro it will prevent any other operating system from
> booting from a CD or DVD. Ubuntu Opensuse Fedora Linux Mint. On a Dell an Acer a HP.

Well it seems that here your reality differs from that of myself and
anyone else I have meet that has used Windows 2000.

I suspect that your sample size of 6 is just too small to come to the
conclusion that this must be the fault of the Windows 2000. Especially
when the rest of the world *has* been able to boot from CD on machines
Windows 2000 with installed.

If you are looking for fault, look at the BIOS:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS

> Microsoft produce only virus operating systems. The worst of the lot is Microsoft 2000 Pro.
> It's hard to figure out what Microsoft was doing - no networking - a bit of expensive junk.
> But then I think of WIN98 SE a fine operating system created by IBM

Of course Windows 2000 Pro had networking:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_2000

I think you may mean that there were no network drivers for you
hardware. In which case get them from the hardware manufacturer.
If Windows 2000 is not listed try using the XP ones, they often work.