[Gllug] Caller ID on a POTS line

Frank Scott lists at frasco.org.uk
Fri Jan 21 18:08:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 04:42:16PM +0000, Justin Perreault wrote:

> A quick search turned up a POTS pci card for £130. I have looked into
> trying to find a suitable solution to allow me the benefits of asterisk
> but found that it was challenging to find a solution in the past for
> under £200. This is the lowest cost solution I have seen and the other
> features are all bonuses.
>
> If there is a lower cost/higher value pots interface please point it
> out.

How about a Cisco SPA3102 telephone adapter with 1 FXS and 1 FXO and an
ethernet port used with asterisk or similar for about 50GBP from
broadbuyer.co.uk.

I've been using the original Sipura 3000 for this purpose for more years
than I care to remember. The length of my VOIP network is all of 2
metres.

Frank
--
    /V\    : ;`  :   Frank Scott  Sutton, London
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk