[Gllug] Best beer and food pub nr Leicester Square

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Mon Jan 31 20:27:05 UTC 2011

On 31/01/11 17:58, David Damerell wrote:
> On Friday, 28 Jan 2011, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>>> http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs
>> Really doesn't come up to the basic standard set by the OP.  Yes, there
>> will be food.  No, there won't be good beer (just cheap beer).
> That really does depend on the Wetherspoons. A few nights ago in the
> Tivoli in Cambridge we had a number of perfectly good pints of Hook
> Norton Double Stout...
>
> Some just have four light hoppy bitters in mediocre condition (and one
> of them from stinking Greene King); some don't. I think the local
> management or cellarmen have some freedom to be good or bad.

In general I've been satisfied with the Wetherspoon pubs I've tried. The
beer is usually well kept but too cold for my taste. On the rare
occasion where there has been something wrong with the beer it's always
been replaced without argument. The food is reasonably cheap but pretty
average quality.

--

Bernard Peek
bap at shrdlu.com