[Gllug] networking problem

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 09:40:10 UTC 2011

Many thanks for the prompt responses,
my apologies that the info supplied was not quite enough.
Also,  I completely forgot to say that I had already explored the
IP alias solution;  the new 192.0.3.240 gateway cannot be be configured
with a second IP address, which is a pain as that was clearly the optimum
solution:-(

The netmask is indeed the standard 255.255.255.0

The box in question on 192.0.3.131 is an old Teklogix 9300 Network Controller
- it forwards telnet sessions to a Unix or Linux host (which is remote and hence
on a separate LAN reached over a VPN via a 192.0.3.6 gateway - being replaced
by 192.0.3.240!)

Teklogix France, helpful as always,  say the device is unsupported and no info
available on how to re-configure.

regards
Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk